Property Sellers Holiday Check List
17th July 2017
Property sellers holiday checklist
A getaway with the family may be just what you need if you have been trying to sell your home lately. This shouldn't get in the way of selling your home if you remember that along with the 'tickets, money, passport' checklist, you don't forget to add your estate agent to any pre-packing preparations.
In all the excitement of a long-awaited break, it may be easy to overlook a few important tasks as holiday mode takes over - and may even hinder an eventual sale.
Don't forget to:
- Inform your estate agent that you are going away - and leave them a key. There is nothing worse than having to turn away interested viewers because the agent has no access to your home.
- Ensure the house is clean and tidy before you leave. Place a couple of air fresheners around the property to compensate for having to keep windows closed and locked.
- Check for anything that might go off and smell - bread, fruit in a bowl and even flowers in a vase - and throw them away.
- Empty household rubbish bins, make sure all work surfaces are clean and tidy, clear out magazine racks, ensure that draining boards and sinks are clear of washing up and the dishwasher is clear of dirty crockery.
- Cut the lawn prior to your departure and, if possible, arrange for someone to water your garden if the weather gets too warm.
- Ask a neighbour to pull your bins back from the kerb to a suitable place once emptied if refuse collection is due while you are away.
- Ensure that, along with the key, you give your estate agent the code to your property's alarm.
- Make sure your agent also has a contact number in case they need to call you about that all-important offer - even if you are sunning yourself abroad.
Original article by Warren Lewis 17th July 2017